Saturday, May 10, 2008

Batching it

My DW is off on her adventure riding her bike from Mobile, Alabama to Ontario, Canada. The ride is run by Womans' Tours so absolutely NO MEN ALLOWED. In fact, there was only one other husband who even came to see them off. He and I talked a bit about the things that men talk about when they are strangers and will, in all likelyhood never see each other again. The $64 dollar question both of us asked was, 'What are you going to do for the next 6 weeks while the wife is away?" My answer was, "... feed the animals and clean out the cat box." Aside from work, that about sums it up.

I drove the 8 hours home to a house full of worried animals. The cat box is overflowing. Six weeks. Sigh


This is the whole group. The lady on the right in blue is the head turtle herder.

There they go headed north to Canada. This picture sort of sums up how I feel right now.

No comments: